18 October 2009

The Fox and the White House

I apologize beforehand for this political nature of this post... it is not typical of what I write here, but I was really disturbed by what I was reading online.

I was about to turn off my computer when I looked at my Yahoo! headlines and was struck by one in particular.  Apparently White House officials - indeed, the whole Obama administration - seem to be rather upset with Fox News.

Actually, "upset" is an understatement.  According to the White House, Fox News shouldn't even be considered a news station at all.  The reason?  It seems that Fox News is the only station that is consistently critical of this administration, questioning many of its policies and attempts at change.  And the President and his people don't like that.  So what do they do?  They go on the other networks that bow to their every whim and blast Fox News for not being unbiased (i.e., for not also bowing before them).

So what does this mean?  I guess it means that those who question the President and this administration should be censored.  After all, that's what freedom of speech and freedom of the press is really all about, isn't it?  Being under the control of those in power?  I guess questioning the President is equivalent to blasphemy...

Granted, children in New Jersey were recently seen singing praises to Obama to the tune of "Jesus Loves the Little Children" (you can find the video if you look for it... I decided against posting it here), but does this make him divine?  I say no.  And I hope you do, too.  I reserve divinity for the One Who made Obama, and all of us for that matter.  Only He deserves our praise.

And I think now I'm going to go pray for our country...

No comments: