16 August 2007

It's....so....hot.....

I just want to say, I am totally not cut out to live in Texas my whole life. I don't know about the rest of the state, but Dallas is crazy hot right now (though today we're only supposed to get up to 97....woohoo!). Hopefully that tropical depression down in Galveston sends some love our way and we cool off before school starts.

On another note, we have no fans in our new apartment. Zero. None. Coming from our old place where we had a ceiling fan in every room, this is quite a shock to the system. I can't count the number of times I woke up last night drenched in sweat. I easily drank three large cups worth of water over night, and I still woke up parched. I probably lost 10 pounds in water weight just by sleeping. And that's with the air conditioning on. I guess we're just used to having moving air, not just cooler air, throughout the apartment.

But, we love the new place. It's HUGE - or at least it feels that way. The other Luke commented that any apartment feels bigger when you have to walk from place to place. And that is definitely true here. Plus, Tiffany and I keep trying to leave the apartment by walking through the study, which is a dead end. Can't really figure out why, but whatever. Hopefully we'll get over that wasted motion soon.

No comments: