13 November 2007

Your one life...

There are days where you are really productive, and everything that needs to get done gets done.

There are days where you just have a lot scheduled, so you're busy all day and all of a sudden the day is over.

There are days where you set out to be lazy and you succeed...by playing endless hours of Zelda (or something like that).

And then there are days that just happen. You planned to get a lot done, but the next thing you know it's 7:00 at night and you have done a whole lot of nothing. You know that there are assignments to do and people to contact and things need cleaned, but you waste the day on the couch. Today was one of those days...

I was really productive this morning working on the group project for Dr. Young's class. Who would have thought that studying persecution in the book of Acts could be so interesting? The problem is, once I got done with that and went home, I wasted the entire rest of the day. I talk about how important it is to be a good steward of our time, yet I can't even practice what I preach. There is so much I could have done today, yet I chose to ignore all that and do nothing. I honestly don't know where my time went....but I do know that I feel guilty about not spending it wisely.

CAM International
has a slogan that says "What are you going to do with your one life?" (Or something like that) I guess my answer to that question on a day like today is "nothing." I know that's not true, because I know that God has amazing plans for me and He is the reason I'm in Dallas to begin with.

So, as I ponder my day and what I've done with my time, I pray that you too ask yourself, "What am I going to do with my one life?" May you seek to use your time here to glorify God as you passionately serve Him.

----------------
Now playing: Steven Curtis Chapman - How Do I Love Her
via FoxyTunes

No comments: