19 September 2008

Goin' to a Wedding

I'm getting a sister. I am the last of "the Wessler boys" to get a sister, as I was the first one married. But now, I get a sister. And Tiffany gets a sister. And that sister's name is Heidi....though I've never seen her in pig tails.

Not that a single person reading this blog (of the four of you I know who have read it) cares that I'm getting a sister, this is a big deal in my life. At my wedding, all of my brothers (except Zach...he doesn't say much) commented on how great it was to get a sister, and how happy they were that it is Tiffany. Growing up, we were five brothers without any sisters, and everybody knew it. When Zach was born, people would say that we made a basketball team. We actually did make a basketball team one summer for the Gus Macker 3-on-3 tournament in Peoria, which was really interesting because it was the 3 oldest boys plus Dad, making us play against all these old people when I was in Jr. High. And if you've ever seen me play basketball, you can only guess how intimidating that was for me. All that to say we've always looked forward to getting a sister. So, at my wedding, my brothers were all excited because they finally got a sister.

And I got a wife. :)

But, I still don't have a sister. But all that's going to change. We are packed and ready to fly up to St. Louis, then drive to Peoria because Nate is getting married tomorrow. Granted, they should have gotten married before I did, but they took their time. And we can't change the past. So now they're getting married. And we're excited.

I'm finally getting sister.

No comments: