08 October 2008

It's....October?

What happened to September? It was here the other day...

But it's now October, which means a lot. It means that the weather is "changing" (highs are in the 80s now). It means that millions of people are flocking to Dallas for the state fair. It means that candy corn is more easily found in the grocery store. And it means that the semester is halfway over.

My last semester...halfway over.

Am I really this close to be being done? It seems like only yesterday I started, but soon I'll put away those books and pens (For all those Saved By The Bell fans out there). In two months, my last papers are due and my last exams will be taken, then I'll be done. I'll be given a piece of paper that says that I am qualified to go and teach God's Word to people of other nations.

Yet I feel so unbelievably unqualified. I'm not ready to carry this responsibility. But I know that God has other plans than I do. I know that He will give me the ability to do His will, regardless of how I feel or what a little piece of paper says. So I must learn to rely on Him, not my education.

And those are my thoughts this morning.

No comments: