05 February 2008

Mission:Ghana?

Okay, so in the last post I mentioned that we are not going to Mozambique anymore. That was a shock to the system, as we had spent the last 7 months planning for that trip. We had become comfortable with our plans and didn't bother looking for other possible trips. Then the news came and we were all "HUH?!" and then Tiffany was all "we should find another trip to go on," which, in Tiffany terms, means "Luke, you should find another trip for us to go on, and then show me what you find and I'll say yes or no as I look for trips myself." Then, just a few days ago Tiffany was talking to Dr. Fanka at church and he mentioned that he and another gentleman were planning a trip to Ghana sometime this fall to work with leadership training and church planting. Though I'll be into my semester by that point, I will only be taking two BE classes, and we'll only be gone for a couple of weeks, so it looks like we may be going to Ghana in September/October with a little side trip over to Togo for a couple of days for a mini-seminar. From Togo, Dr. Fanka will head down to Cameroon to attend to some family business while Tiffany and I return to Ghana and possibly spend a few days casting vision for potential future ministry. We're still working out the details, but we spent some timing picking dates for the trip this morning, so we're pretty excited. We'll keep y'all posted. And by "y'all" I really mean Tiffany, as she's the only one that ever reads this...

No comments: