20 May 2011

A Look at Village Life... Part 5

May 4

So I just “preached” for the Lubofu church’s women’s meeting. I told Mrs. Yanjisha that I don’t preach – I just talk and share. Anyway, it was interesting because Mrs. Berendsen was interpreting for me. Seems like that went okay. I found myself analyzing my talk afterward – was there enough about Christ? Did I connect everything? Did they get it? Did I use too many verses? But that’s just the me coming out. I spoke about God’s beauty in creation – the promises he makes in scripture that are shown in the sky (Abram – in the multitude of stars; Noah – the rainbow) and how those proimises were for us as well. I shared from Psalm 19 and encouraged them that no matter what developments and man-made treasures are available, to keep their focus on Heavenly treasure. I also encouraged them to gaze upon God’s beauty in the stars and the sun and the rainbows and in each other. He created us women as beautiful creations. He also created us as Christians to shine more and more brightly until the SON shines in full glory at His return.

Afterward I realized that this is ministry – sharing our hearts, helping chop vegetables and sweep floors; taking chairs when offered and allowing people to serve us; sorting beans; visiting; and sharing the Word of God in the midst of it all.

No comments: