07 January 2009

The King in Prince Caspian

So, I'm pretty much addicted to watching movies. Currently in the loop in our study is Prince Caspian, which I watch about every other day. Granted I love the whole movie, but there is one part towards the end that really gets me every time. While Peter is having his duel to save Narnia, Lucy goes into the woods to find Aslan. When she finally gets to him, we have a scene where she is laying in front of him and they're talking. The dialogue goes something like this.

Lucy: "I wanted to come sooner, but the others didn't believe me."
Aslan: "And why would that keep you from coming?"
Lucy: "I'm sorry."

She knew that what the others thought should not have been an excuse, so when questioned about this her only response was to apologize.

How often do we have similar conversations with God? When we finally get around to seeking Him, we bring excuses. "I would have come sooner, but (insert bad reason here)." And God responds lovingly, but sternly, making us realize that He should take priority over anything else. We have nothing to do but apologize for our lack of faith.

There is nothing that should keep us from our Father. No man, no feeling, no schedule. God deserves the praises due His name. So when we find ourselves making excuses for not pursuing Him, we must realize our lack of faith and humbly come into His presence, not bearing these excuses, but turning to our loving Father who, alone, can provide the forgiveness and love we need.

No comments: