13 July 2007

Bah to cats!

I just want to say that Yoda is rather ungrateful. She managed to get all flea-infested, so Tiffany and I have rearranged our lives to take care of this issue (not to mention suffer along side her--flea bites are no bueno!). Tiff took her to the vet last week to get their special treatment, and we arranged for our apartment to get sprayed last week. Well, they never came, so we made a new appointment for today. And they came. Early, even. But when they come, you and your loved ones - and yes, Yoda is included here - are essentially kicked out of your apartment for half the day. So I spent my afternoon driving Yoda around the Metroplex. She's an indoor cat, so when I strapped her in her harness and took her outside at White Rock Lake, she freaked out and hid under my car for ten minutes. She lightened up, but then it started to rain, so we drove around some more.

Now, I decided to be nice when we were driving around. I got her new toys, and I let her run around free in my Saturn Ion. She enjoyed it, for about 15 minutes. But then she willingly climbed back into the carrier for the rest of the afternoon. I have now been home (breathing flea-killing air, mind you) for about half an hour, and the first thing Yoda did when I let her out in our apartment was bite me. That's right. Full-fledged, sink your teeth into Luke's arm and pull, probably drew blood in the process bite. After all we did for her.

On another note, when I was putting her in the carrier to leave for the afternoon, she actually said "NO!" No joke. The pest control guy heard it. Definitely "NO!" Not a "meow" that we thought was a "no," but a real, humanesque "NO!" I guess she warned me about her feelings...

No comments: