20 July 2007

Fleas and ants...

So, we've gotten rid of most of the fleas in the apartment (finally), though there are still some that pop up here and there. I still have some little red spots that are most likely flea bites, but for the most part I'm flea-free.

On another note, apparently we have a fire ant nest (mound?) right outside our apartment. Tiffany and I went to get the mail the other day, and I felt something on my toe. I looked down, and there was this little red ant on my toe. I flicked it off, but it had already done it's work. That was Tuesday. On Wednesday, my big toe was red and puffy and sore, and then yesterday it was really stiff and started to itch. We looked at it last night, and there were two little puncture marks on the side of the toe. I popped 'em, and squeezed out as much of the puss and nast as I could. My toe is still kinda sore, but it's not as stiff and red and puffy as it was before. Stupid little ant that causes so many issues...

But, I will say, I did not kill that ant. I saw it run away after I flicked it off.

No comments: